IV. Faculty Assembly delegates
- The President of the Faculty Senate and two other delegates elected
by the faculty shall represent UNCW as members of the Faculty
Assembly of the UNC system. [Revised 3/17/98; see previous
- Nominations fore elected delegates shall be made by the Senate
at the December meeting. Nominees may be members of the Senate
or the general faculty; the Senate
shall nominate no more than four (and no fewer than two) candidates for each
- A ballot which lists the nominees shall be distributed to the
voting members of the faculty; faculty members shall be instructed
to vote for one candidate;
the candidate receiving the highest number of votes shall be the delegate.
- Each elected delegate shall serve a term of three years; terms
of the three delegates shall be staggered.
- Delegates who are not members of the Senate shall attend meetings
of the Senate to be informed of its actions, to receive its advice,
to it concerning
the Faculty Assembly.
- Alternates to the Faculty Assembly shall be selected from the
pool of previous delegates by the President of the Faculty Senate