B. Conduct of business
- A quorum of the Senate shall consist of two-thirds of the voting
members. When a meeting cannot be held or must adjourn because the
to conduct business is not present, a formal roll call shall be
entered in the minutes.
- Any proposal which comes before the Senate under "New Business," but
has not been included on the distributed agenda, shall be referred to the
appropriate committee for consideration. Such a proposal shall not
be acted upon at the same
session in which it is introduced except by a vote of two-thirds of those
- Committee reports placed on the agenda should be presented
by a representative of that committee, who shall have the implied
of the Senate to speak
during the debate concerning that report.
- Faculty who are not members of the Senate may be present at
Senate meetings but shall not be entitled to vote or make motions.
- With the consent of a majority of senators present, the President
may grant non-senators the privilege to speak.
- The President of the Senate or the Chancellor may invite other
persons to attend meetings of the Faculty Senate.