C. Term of office
- Senate terms of office for elected representatives
shall be two years, except when one-year terms are necessary to
insure staggered representation.
- A department can, by two-thirds vote of its total membership,
recall any of its senators. [See Art.
IV, Sec. 5, 6 - Gov. Doc.]
- When a vacancy occurs in any elected Senate position, the department
wherein the vacancy occurred shall elect a representative to
complete the unexpired
- A senator who wishes to resign shall submit a letter of resignation
specifying the effective date of resignation to the chairperson
of the department concerned.
Copies shall be sent to the President and the Secretary of the Senate.
- The President and the Immediate Past President of the Senate,
if not elected Senate representatives, shall be senators-at-large
office. [See Art.
III.C. Sec. 1, 4 of these Bylaws.]