Faculty Senate Standing Rules
- Regular meetings of the UNCW Faculty Senate are held at 2:00 p.m. on a
Tuesday of each month from September through April, as scheduled by the
President in consultation with the Steering Committee. The scheduled meeting
dates of the Senate and the Steering Committee for the current academic year
shall be published with the September agenda.
- Separate seating shall be provided for voting senators and for non-voting
senators and visitors.
- The Senate normally shall adjourn no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Election of the President-Elect shall be a Special Order of the Day on the
agenda of the December meeting.
- Election of all other officers shall be a Special Order of the Day on the
agenda of the September meeting. Those officers shall take office immediately
- All motions pending at the conclusion of the last regular Senate meeting
shall be carried over to the next academic year.