for Faculty Senate Meeting
November 13, 2012
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. EB 162
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of October 2012 minutes
3. Individual Reports
a. Chancellor Miller.
b. President of the Senate Lugo.
· Faculty Assembly update – Strategic Plan
· BA Policy on Travel
· SACS Focus report
· Work on progress: RTP, Evaluations, Transfer Credit.
4. Special order of the day: Consent Calendar
5. Committee Reports
Studies Advisory Committee offers the following motion (from objection to
[Motion 2012-11-M04] 2013-14 Catalogue Recommendations
II. b. Historical and Philosophical Approaches
ANT 207: Archaeology
ENG 210: Mythology
· Objection memo from History Department
· Objection memo from PAR faculty
· ANT senator comments on HST/PAR objection
b. Report of committee on Student Matters
c. Report of Academic Standards Committee – Academic Partnerships
6. Old Business
7. New Business
8. For the Good of the Order
a. AA restructure. Provost Battles
b. QEP. Presentation by Horan/Boersma
· QEP memo circulated by Provost.
· eTEAL Announcement
c. Strategic Planning (if time permits) (Chairman Hans remarks)