for Faculty Senate Meeting
December 04, 2012
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. EB 162
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of November 2012 minutes
3. Individual Reports
a. Chancellor Miller.
b. President of the Senate Lugo.
· Election of Senate President inadvertently omitted from agenda. Election postponed to January.
· SACS Focus report
· AV search update (Yield to Provost Battles)
· Faculty Assembly update
o Gen_Ed; CAA articulation agreement
o Governance discussions.
4. Committee Reports
Committee offers the following motion:
[Motion 2012-12-M01] Quality Enhancement Plan
That the Senate endorse the Quality Enhancement Plan, “eTEAL: experiencing Transformative Education through Applied Learning,” with a central focus on improving applied learning at UNCW through the implementation of the following three, interrelated parts:
· Applied Learning Summer Institute
· Applied Learning and Teaching Community (ALTC)
· eTEAL-Supported Pedagogy Initiatives
o QEP Webpage
o QEP announcement from item 8b in November agenda
b. Report from Academic Standards committee
· Report on transfer with distinction policy
c. Report of IT/LIB Committee
d. Report of Research Committee
· 2013 Cahill Awards
5. Old Business
6. New Business
7. For the Good of the Order
· General Education: Reading material - FA