for Faculty Senate Meeting
January 15, 2013
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. EB 162
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of December 2012 minutes
3. Special order of the day: Election of the 2013-2014 Senate President. (P. Turrisi will conduct the elections)
4. Individual Reports
a. Chancellor Miller. GA strategic plan report
b. President of the Senate Lugo.
· Faculty Assembly update
o Shared governance, general education proposal
o Academic Freedom proposal
· US/QEP position update.
· S&B building renovations
· Intellectual Property policy
· PSY 223 deleted from Special Education requirements (expedited motion)
5. Committee Reports
Committee offers the following motions:
[Motion 2013-01-M01] Grade Policies
Amend the charge of AS to explicitly include grade policies.
[Motion 2013-01-M02] Revision of standing committees ex-officio memberships
That to reflect the new AA restructure, membership of senate standing committees be amended as follows:
· AS: Change “Director of the University College” to “Associate VC & Dean of Undergraduate Studies.”
· UCC: Change ex-officio member, “Director of the University College” to “Associate VC & Dean of Undergraduate Studies.”
· USAC: Change ex-officio member, “Director of the University College” to “Associate VC & Dean of undergraduate Studies.” Add ex-officio member “Director of US/QEP.”
Committee offers the following motion,
[Motion 2013-01-M03] US Competency Crediting Form
That the senate adopt the University Studies Competency Crediting form included herein.
Committee offers the following motion
[Motion 2013-01-M04] Faculty Assembly resolution on general education
That the senate endorse the Faculty Assembly resolution included below and that President Ross be notified of this endorsement.
· FA resolution on minimum GS competencies
6. Old Business
7. New Business
8. For the Good of the Order
· GA Strategic Plan draft
· Lactation Initiative