Agenda for Faculty Senate Meeting
October 08, 2013
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. EB 162
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of September 10, 2013 minutes.
3. Individual Reports
a. Chancellor Miller.
b. President of the Senate Lugo.
· Report from Faculty Assembly
§ Campus security. Big BOG initiative.
§ GA still pursuing options on out-of-state tuition.
§ Read the information about Health Enrollment!
§ Working on CAA, UNC Core competencies.
· Senators: Pass on information about IDEA to your department
· Student Success. (Transmittal letter #83). Need “opt out” clause?
· Faculty: Attend BOT meetings.
· Engagement and Outreach – We the people of NC
4. Committee Reports
Steering committee offers the following motion:
[Motion 2013-10-M01]: Definition of Voting Faculty
That Article I, section 1 of the Governance Document (FH, Ch. II.B) be amended to read:
The Faculty shall consist of those persons employed full-time by the University of North Carolina at Wilmington who hold the rank of professor, associate professor, assistant professor, or lecturer. For the purposes of voting, an eligible lecturer shall be defined as one who is employed at least 0.90 FTE.
University Studies Advisory Committee offers the following motion.
[Motion 2013-10-M02] WI and IL credit for AP courses.
[Motion 2013-10-M03] WI pilot for transfer students.
[Motion 2013-10-M04] IL pilot for transfer students.
Committee on Student Matters offers the following motion:
[Motion 2013-10-M05] That we adopt Policy 02.330: Smoking and Tobacco Product Use Policy, which has been revised to include e-cigarettes and other tobacco products.
· Proposed revision to Policy 02.330
d. Report of the Budget Committee – Charles Maimone
5. Old Business
[Motion 2013-05-M04] WI and IL Labs motion (Reeves of behalf of science chairs).
[Motion 2013-10-M06] Wi and IL Labs motion from USAC.
6. New Business
7. For the Good of the Order
8. Announcements: Innovation Council update – Jessica Magnus.