Certification Students who are enrolled at least half-time in some certificate programs are eligible to receive federal student loans.
Programs that qualify for federal student loan funds are:
- Teacher Licensure
- Dependent student maximum federal student loan borrowing level is $7,500 per year, and
- Independent students may borrow a maximum of $12,500 per year.
- Students in this program are also eligible for Federal Work-Study. (All courses must apply toward the certificate.)
- The following add-on licensure programs ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for federal aid: Academically and Intellectually Gifted; Curriculum/Instrustion Supervision; English as a Second Language; Reading; and School Administration.
- Graduate Certificates are NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR FEDERAL AID after 2011-2012.
- Non-federal loan information is available on the financial aid website.
- Gerontology, Environmental Studies, Hispanic Studies, Instructional Technology Specialist, and Applied Statistics are eligibile through 2011-2012.
- Borrowing level is $7,500 per year for dependent students. Independent students may borrow 12,500 per year.
- The following certificate programs ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for federal aid: Conflict Management & Resolution; Post-Master's Certificate in Liberal Studies; Post-Master's Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
For more detailed information regarding Financial Aid at UNCW please see our All About Financial Aid web site.