Contact us

Phone: 910.962.3177
Connect: Facebook Logo

My Financial Aid Counselor

UNCW's school code: 002984

Related Forms & Links:

Link to Financial Aid Forms


Graduate Students

In order to be eligible for federal student aid, students must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking, or teacher certification program, or enrolled as a graduate certification student, taking classes required for admissions to a graduate program at UNCW.

Graduate and professional degree students may be eligible to receive aid from the following federal student aid programs:

The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program—This is the largest federal student loan program. Under this program, ED is your lender rather than a bank or other financial institution. There are two types of Direct Loans that graduate and professional degree students may receive:

Unsubsidized Loans—Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per school year. Graduate and professional students enrolled in certain health profession programs may receive additional Direct Unsubsidized Loan amounts each
academic year.

• Graduate PLUS Loans—Eligible graduate and professional degree students who need to borrow more than the maximum unsubsidized loan amounts to meet their education costs may apply for a PLUS loan. A credit check will be performed during the application process.

A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to receive the Direct and Direct PLUS loan offers. Graduate certification students must submit the Graduate Certification Form in addition to the FAFSA.  Students enrolled in teacher certification programs must submit the Teacher Certification Form in addition to the FAFSA.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

The TEACH Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching. The TEACH Grant is different from other federal student grants in that it requires you to take certain kinds of classes to get the grant and then to do a certain type of job to keep the grant from turning into a loan.

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  L. Faison [ faisonl AT uncw DOT edu ]