- College Costs
- Applying for Aid
- Your Award
- Info For
- My Financial Aid Counselor
A variety of scholarships are available at UNCW. They have been generously donated in honor of individuals or organizations. Each of these scholarships has specific and unique criteria. While some are available to one or more students each academic year, others are renewable and only become available after the current recipient has graduated or becomes ineligible for the scholarship. Because competition for scholarships is intense, merit scholarships are usually available only to the most outstanding new freshmen and continuing students. All scholarships and descriptions are listed in the university catalogue.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Processes
- All first year applicants are considered for merit scholarships based on admissions applications. No additional application is required.
- Completion of the FAFSA by March 1 is recommended for students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- If you do not receive a scholarship notification explaining the terms and conditions of the scholarship, be in contact with the award authority regarding eligibility and renewal procedures.
Additional University Scholarships
- Honors College Scholarships
Students who are interested in participating in the Honors Scholars Program may also qualify for scholarships.
- The Alumni Association supports academic scholarships to university students. These scholarships are for all students and are funded through the association.
- The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid Newly admitted and returning students at the undergraduate and graduate levels may complete the application. The application results are used to select recipients for available scholarships awarded by the university's academic departments. Students who wish to apply for scholarships offered from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid may do so between February 1 and May 01 each year.
Your donations are greatly appreciated and help us to increase the support for students, faculty, academic programs, research, regional engagement, and global outreach to achieve excellence in all aspects of the UNCW experience.