Do you know of an event that you'd like to see added to this list? If so, email us!
Cultural Events (Fall 2013)
- September 9: "The Darkening of Latin American Literature", Dr. Antonio Tillis, 6pm, Randall Library Auditorium
- September 12: Salsa Dip and Dance Event, UNCW Seahawk Crossing Building 2, 7:30 pm- 9:00 pm; A fun filled night of Salsa dancing and Hispanic food. Wilmington Latin Dance will be providing free Salsa dancing lessons. Come out and learn about how you can be involved with the Hispanic population here in Wilmington. To encourage residence students to be involved with the Hispanic population here in Wilmington and to provide a cultural experience through Hispanic food and dance. FREE FOOD! FREE FUN!
- September 12:Here and There (Aquí y Allá) film screening, 7pm, Lumina Theater, Free.
September 13: UNCW Centro Hispano's Salsa Fiesta @ Sundown, Doors open at 7 PM, Ballroom 5, Warwick Center
- September 26: Wilaya film screening, 7p.m., Lumina Theater, Free. Spanish and Arabic with English Subtitles.
- September 28-29: Eduardo Tami Trio, Burney Center. Free for students. A free lesson is taught right before the Saturday dance!
- September 30: Lunch with the Argentinian Tami Trio and the UNCW Spanish Club. 1:30 p.m., Wag Cafeteria.
Join us for an hour of fun conversation about Argentinian culture and music! Students who have a meal plan can join. If a student does not have a meal plan and wishes to attend, they can contact Marinella Jara to offer $7.85 per guest but only for 5 students. This amount will be available on a first come first serve basis.
- October 3: After Lucia (Después de Lucía), 7pm, Lumina Theater, Free. Spanish with English subtitles.
- October 30: Sin País screening and discussion, 3:30pm, LH 138, Spanish and English with subtitles.
- November 9-10: Festival Latino, Ogden Park, Wilmington NC
- November 18: Cuban Refugees in the US, 5:30pm, LH 104
- November 19: Student Action with Farmworkers, 12pm, 2017 FSC; information on paid fellowships and internships working with SAF, learn more about farmworker conditions
- November 25: Access to Higher Education for Undocumented Students, 12pm, McAlister's Deli (College Road, across from UNCW), Guest Speaker Marcio Moreno
- December 2: My Experience as an Immigrant from Uruguay, 5pm, LH 136