Master of Education (M.Ed.) in
Offered as Distance Education
Goal of Program:
Designed to assist in providing an appropriate education for children in grades K-6 through the preparation of teachers who are well educated and professionally competent.
- Coursework follows six strands: learning theories, diversity, technology, special needs, lesson planning, and arts and literature.
- Course work also addresses the current North Carolina Teaching Standards:
- Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- Teachers know the content they teach.
- Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- Teachers reflect on their practice.
This program is designed for experienced teachers and admission is limited to students that (1) have successfully completed a student teaching internship and (2) hold or are eligible for a North Carolina teaching license.
- Advanced Elementary Studies (AES)
- Academically & Intellectually Gifted (AIG)
- Elementary Math (ELM)
- Engish as a Second Language (ESL)
Dr. Katie Schlichting
|Enrollment||Part-Time or Full-Time|
|Instruction Method||Face to Face,
Fully Online Synchronous (Set Meeting Times) ,
Fully Online Asynchronous (No set meeting times)
|Intended Time to Degree||2 yrs|
|Required Credit Hours||33 hrs|