Call toll free: 855-306-4734
The Univeristy of North Carolina has three official graduation dates, December, May and July, and offers two commencement ceremonies in December and May. Degrees are typically confered 30 to 45 days after the graduation date. With the OAP program, you may complete your degree requirements before the degree conferral date, however your degree will not be conferred untill after the next graduation.
|Graduation Dates and Deadlines|
|Students Graduating in:||Application Opens||Application Closes|
|Fall 2013||Jan 01, 2013||Sept 15, 2013|
|Spring 2014||Apr 16, 2013||Feb 15, 2014|
|Summer 2014 *||Jun. 15, 2013||Apr. 15, 2014|
|Fall 2014||Apr 15, 2014||Sept 15, 2014|
|Spring 2015||Jul 30, 2014||Feb 15, 2015|
|*There is not a July commencement. July Graduates participate in the December commencement.|
- All graduate students planning to graduate with a degree or graduate certificate must apply for graduation by the dates established above. A $6.00 graduation applicaiton fee will charged to your account. This fee is only charged once per degree, you will therefore not incur this fee again should you postpone your graduation.
- Gradaute students must be enrolled in the term in which they complete thier gradaute work or are scheduled to receive thier degree.
- Graduate students must have no less than a 3.0 GPA on all graduate-level courses.
- Three grades of C, one grade of F, or one grade of U results in ineligibilty for graduation.
- Graduate students must complete all degree requirements before the graduation date.
How to Apply
- Log into SeaNet and choose "Apply to Graduate" from the Students Record menu.
- Complete the required information for your graduation application. The View Graduation Applications page on SeaNet will display your complete application approximately two hours after you submit your application.
Graduation Information Verification
At the beginning of each semester, the Graduate School will send graduation verification e-mails to those students that have applied to graduate. This e-mail will include the information that we have in the system concerning your degree, diploma name, and diploma mailing address. Please review the information in the e-mail and on this webpage carefully.
If you are planning to graduate and have not received a verification e-mail, check:
- That you have completed a graduation application in SeaNet. You should be able to view your submitted graduation application information.
- With the Graduate School to see if we have a graduation application on file.
What if the information is wrong?
- Address: If your address is incorrect, please e-mail Debra Savage at email@example.com with your correct address.
- Degree/Major/Diploma Name: If your degree, major, or diploma name is incorrect, please contact Debra Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want your name listed in the printed commencement program, please send an email to Debra Savage at email@example.com.