Need to Register for?
Managing Your Courses
REGISTER FOR COURSES
Search for Courses and CRN Number.
If you already know the CRN number(s) for the course(s) you need to register, skip to Register for Courses.
- Open SeaNet and click on the "Search for Courses".
- Choose the term you are trying to register for.
- On the next screen you will need to enter your search criteria. Sometimes doing a very detailed search may not turn up what you are looking for. If this is the case, try doing a simple search with just the Subject, Campus, and Course Level.
- Once the list of courses appears, look for the course you need and record the CRN number (first column). Is is best to gather all the CRN number of the courses you need to register while you are here.
Register for Courses
- You will only be able to register for courses during the registration period. To check when registration is open, please view the Graduate School important dates webpage.
- Log into "Secure Login for Faculty, Staff and Students"
- Use your student ID number (850) and
- Your 8 digit pin (initially your birth date, MMDDYYYY).
- If you are unsuccessful after 3 attempts, try clicking on the “here” in the bold paragraph above to retrieve your student ID number and PIN.
- If you have trouble retrieving your ID number and PIN, contact the Graduate School (910-962-7303).
- Click on the Student Services & Financial Aid link.
- Click on Registration
- Click on Check Your Registration Status and select the term you are registering for. If you have any registration issues that are present, please contact the Graduate School (910-962-7303) or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you are good to go, you will need to go back to the previous page and click on drop/add courses.
- You will need to select the term you are registering for.
- When the drop/add screen appears you will need to enter the CRN number(s) in to the box(es) and click submit.
- If you run into a registration error for a particular course, it is best to talk with the instructor of the course. If you need to be in the class they can put an override in for you that will allow you to go back in to SeaNet and add the course. Other errors may be handled by your department staff. If you are still having problems, contact the Graduate School (910-962-7303) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not run into any errors, you will want to click on the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, then click on student detail schedule to make sure that you are in the correct courses.
- If you need to drop a course or more, you will use the same procedure above but you will put the CRN number in the drop box(es). Please be aware that you will only be able to add/drop courses during the registration drop/add period. Once the deadline has passed you will need to withdraw from the course(s).