Steps to Search for Courses and Register for Courses
If you already know the CRN number(s) for the course(s) you need to register, skip to Register for Courses.
- What to do if you receive a registration error.
- Learn about the waitlist process if a class is full and you are added to the waitlist.
Search for Courses and CRN Number.
- Open SeaNet and click on "Search for Courses".
- Select the term for registration.
- On the next screen, enter your search criteria. Sometimes doing a very detailed search may not turn up what you are looking for. If this is the case, try doing a simple search with just the Subject, Campus, and Course Level.
- Once the list of courses appears, look for the course you need and record the CRN number (first column). It is best to gather all the CRN numbers for the courses you need to register while you are here.
Register for Courses
- You may only be able to register for courses during the registration period. To check when registration is open, please view the Registrar's Calendar of Events.
- Log into "Secure Login for Faculty, Staff and Students"
- Use your student ID number (850) and
- Your 8-digit PIN (initially your birth date, MMDDYYYY).
- If you are unsuccessful after 3 attempts, try clicking on the "here" in the bold paragraph above to retrieve your student ID number and PIN.
- If you have trouble retrieving your ID number and PIN, contact the Graduate School (910-962-7303).
- Click on the Student Services & Financial Aid link.
- Click on Registration
- Click on Check Your Registration Status and select the appropriate term. If any registration issues are present, please contact the Graduate School (910-962-7303) or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you are good to go, go back to the previous page and click on Drop/Add Courses.
- Select the term you are registering for.
- When the drop/add screen appears, enter the CRN number(s) in to the box(es) and click "Submit."
- If you run into a registration error for a particular course, please click here for the best course of action.
- If you do not run into any errors, click on the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, then click on Student Detail Schedule to make sure that you are in the correct courses.
- If you need to drop a course or more, use the same procedure above but put the CRN number in the drop box(es). Please be aware that you will only be able to add/drop courses during the registration drop/add period. Once the deadline has passed, you will need to withdraw from the course(s) using established withdrawal procedures.