Student Insurance - Information for 2012-2013
Insurance information is available by visiting www.studentinsurance.com. Select North Carolina, and then UNC Wilmington.
Pearce & Pearce is the insurance vendor for the 2012-2013 plan year. The annual premium is $1418 (charged $709.00 each semester, Fall & Spring). Pearce & Pearce is a Chartis company, so you will see the Chartis logo on the www.studentinsurance.com website and printed materials.
Plan highlights include
- $100,000 medical coverage per accident/sickness per policy year, unlimited lifetime benefit
- Medical visits/wellness/preventive care reimbursed at 100% with no co-pay at the student health center
- Prescription Drugs up to the $100,000 maximum – reimbursed at 100% after $10 co-pay at the student health center
- Birth Control covered reimbursed at 100% with no co-pay at the student health center
- Vision Care Coverage
- Global Travel, Medical & Security Assistance includes physician referrals, prescription replacement, medical evacuation, emergency travel arrangements and a host of other services
A summary of the 2012-2013 plan benefits is available here. .
If you are seen at the Student Health Center we will submit the claim automatically for you. When you check in with the nurse for a medical visit, she will ask you if you have the student health insurance. If you are getting a prescription, the pharmacy will ask you as well and have you fill out a claim form. There is no separate claim form for a medical visit.
If you are seen off campus most medical offices and pharmacies will submit the claims for you directly. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you. If they do not submit the claim for you, call the health center at 910-962-4126 for assistance. To submit a pharmacy claim you can also log in to www.studentinsurance.com and print out the pharmacy claim form and follow the directions to submit it on your own.
It will take approximately four weeks to get reimbursed for a claim. If it has been several weeks and you want to check on the status of your claim, log into your account at www.studentinsurance.com and choose the drop down menu labeled “Claims”. You will be able to see each claim that has been submitted and once it is processed you will be able to download the EOB (Explanation of Benefits). If you have any questions, please call the Student Health Center at 910-962-4126. Be sure to include your name, 850 number and phone number if you leave a voice mail.
If you have any questions please call the health center at 910-962-4126 or email the Director. In your email be sure to include your 850 number and your date of birth. You can also email Pearce and Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 1-888-622-6001.