SHS aims to provide UNCW students with the knowledge necessary to achieve maximum physical and emotional health so that they may fully participate in the educational and personal growth opportunities afforded by the University. We strive to provide students with the knowledge essential to practice life-long patterns of health optimizing behaviors
In order to achieve these goals, the SHS has the following objectives:
- To provide a variety of readily accessible basic health services, including quality medical diagnosis and treatment, laboratory services, pharmaceutical services.
- To provide quality, up-to-date health education programs, materials and services through educational activities to individuals, University community and community outreach.
- To provide preventative medical services and health counseling.
- To serve as a resource to the University community and community organizations concerned with health and safety issues.
- To foster institutional and community partnerships that support the educational mission of the University and SHS.
SHS is commited to our student/provider-shared responsibility and view every student contact as an opportunity for health education concerning the implications of health problems and lifestyle behaviors for individual and community health. We will achieve continuing improvement in quality of care by building partnerships for quality. We believe in the value of a network of care that provides access to a full range of medical services with SHS performing a key role as the primary care provider.
All activities and programs of the UNCW's SHS operate without limitations because of race, creed, gender, or national origin and with special consideration of the needs of disabled students, University employees and visitors.