Health and Safety Abroad
- Police, medical, embassy and consulate contact information organized by country.
- UNCW students can go to the Student Health Center for wellness examinations, T.B. testing, immunizations, and prescriptions needed during travel.
Student Travel Abroad Website (sponsored by the U.S. Department of State) (External Link)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (External Link)
World Health Organization: International Travel and Health (External Link)
HTH Students (External Links)
- HTH Worldwide specializes in providing health insurance to both international students
studying in the USA and U.S. study abroad students. HTH insurance is mandatory for all UNCW Study Abroad students. The HTH website is very useful in finding medical care in your specific city abroad, as well as translations of crucial medical terminology.
New Hanover Health Department (External Link)
- For medical advisement on which immunizations or vaccinations needed during travel, as well as a full-range of vaccinations.
Disability Notification Card for Air Travel (External Link)
- A notification template for organizations and their constituents to use to discreetly provide information about their medical condition or disability to Transport Security Officers at airports.
The Spire Project - Country Profiles (External Link)
- Provides links to safety, health, economic, and general information for countries around the world.
United States Department of State (External Link)
- Government site helping you with important documents, embassies, emergency guidelines, travel insurance and other great tips.
iPhone App Smart Traveler (External Link) a tool designed to provide easy access to frequently updated official country information, travel alerts, travel warnings, maps, and U.S. embassy locations.