The International Student Orientation will be held August 14-15. There is no additional fee charged for this orientation, and you do not need to preregister. The International Student Orientation is required. During orientation we will review visa regulations, health and safety concerns, cultural adaptation, expectations about academic life and introduce you to life in Wilmington!
- August 14, evening (time TBA), fun & games!
- Where: Location TBA
- What: Compete in fun relay races and get to know other new international students and the U.S. student volunteers. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Immediately following refreshments
- Cell phone providers - representatives from cell phone companies will be available to help you purchase a SIM card, activate your phone, or purchase a new phone to use in the U.S. Compare AT&T pre-paid plans.
- Banking representatives- A representative from a local bank branch will be available to help you open a U.S. bank account. Read more about Wells Fargo Everyday Checking.
- August 15, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm, an action packed day full of crucial survival information!
- Detailed Schedule (check back in July for details)
- UNCWelcome Activities
Pre-Arrival Checklist Video
Student Health Center Video