At-A-Glance Exchange Student Pre-Arrival Instructions
- Letter from your International Student Adviser
- Fillable Pre-Arrival Checklist (download and save your own copy)
Request a Student Mentor
Request a Host Family
|jun1 - until...|
|aug1 - aug27|
Photo of UNCW Hawk's Nest, one of over 15 on-campus dining locations available for students and staff.
For your convenience, UNCW has 15 dining locations on campus. The dining venues range from all you care to eat cafeterias, to cafes, coffee shops, and convenience stores.
- Meal Swipes vs. Food Dollars
- Meal Plan Options
- Signing up for your meal-plan
UNCW meal plans are composed of a combination of meal swipes and food dollars. You can use your meal plan at any of the 15 campus dining locations by simply swiping your ID Card.
Students swipe their UNCW ID card at the dining location to deduct a meal from their weekly meal plan allotment. Meal Swipes can be used at the following locations:
- Wagoner Hall - can be used for all-you-care-to-eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Wag Out - can be used for lunch and dinner at this take-out location.
- Dub's Cafe - can be used for all-you-care-to-eat lunch and dinner.
- Hawk's Nest - can be used from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. Monday-Friday for a set combo meal at every station except for Quiznos, Chick-fil-A, Green Spot and sushi.
- The Landing - can be used from 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Friday for certain sandwich and salad selections.
Exception: For the Unlimited Lunch plus $250 Plan, unlimited meal swipes are allowed only Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m at Dub's Cafe, Wagoner Hall, Wag Out, and The Landing.
Food dollars are used just like a debit card and can be redeemed at any of the UNCW campus dining locations. If you run low on food dollars, you may add additional food dollars at any time in $50 increments. Unused food dollars are not refunded at the end of the semester.
If you will be living ON-CAMPUS, you are REQUIRED to purchase one of the following UNCW meal plans. (Required for all on-campus residents EXCEPT Seahawk Village, Landing & Crossing)
- Unlimited Plus $150 - $1,807 per semester
- 14 Plus $225 - $1,695 per semester
- 10 Plus $300 - $1,689 per semester
- Seahawk 140 Plus $425 - $1,681 per semester
If you live OFF-CAMPUS or in Seahawk Village, Landing and Crossing, you are free to choose from either the mandatory dining plans or the optional dining plans below.
- Seahawk 90 Plus $450 - $1255 per semester
- Seahawk 60 Plus $350 - $862 per semester
- Unlimited Lunch plus $250 - $892 per semester
- Seahawk 700 - $700 per semester
- Seahawk 350 - $350 per semester
Logon to mySeaport at http://myseaport.uncw.edu/. Then follow these steps:
- At the mySeaport login, type your UNCW e-mail username (without @uncw.edu) and your password.
- Select the Student Services tab.
- Click on 'Student Meal Plan Application' under services.
- Select the meal plan of choice, or add food dollars or meals if you have an existing meal plan.
All students living in on-campus in International House, University Suites or University Apartments are required to purchase a meal plan. All students assigned to on-campus housing and enrolled in classes who have not chosen a meal plan by the billing deadline (approximately July 15) will be assigned the default meal plan (14 Plus $225).
If you are assigned the default meal plan but wish to change to a different plan, you may change your meal plan online within 5 days of move-in.
The default meal plan: 14 Plus $225 meal plan ($1695/semester)
- If you decide you want to change your Spring 2014 meal plan, you may do so from until August 22, 2014.
- Student may request a meal plan change online through mySeaport.