ITS Request System Now Available
Monday, November 19, 2012
ITS has implemented the new ITS Request system which gives faculty, staff and students the option of entering requests online. Please view the following FAQs for details on the system.
1. Can I still contact the TAC if I have a problem?
Yes. You may still call, visit or email the TAC if you have an issue/problem/request. This system is simply an alternate way of entering a request, and it gathers data which may eliminate the need for callbacks from the TAC or ongoing emails with TAC staff.
2. What’s new with this system?
- The user-friendly system has drop-down menus and prompts which help you fill out everything you need for your requests, and it uses the information entered to expedite your ticket to the appropriate technical resource.
- The system gathers important data which may eliminate the need for callbacks or ongoing emails.
- A new feature provides a user-friendly way to enter “access requests” (for access to a system, such as the Sammy file server, SharePoint, etc.) and get the requests approved via an automated process.
- You may log in and easily view the status of your tickets.
3. How do I enter an incident or service request?
- Go to https://itsrequest.uncw.edu
- Choose Incident Form, if something is broken (ex: printer not working, email issues). There is a drop-down menu to help you choose.
- Choose General Service Request to request something new or a change to something already in existence (ex: new SharePoint site, install a new monitor). There is a drop-down menu to help you choose.
- Choose Access Request for access to a system (ex: Sammy or Timmy file server, SharePoint).
- Follow the user-friendly prompts!
4. How will I know the system received my request?
- You will receive an email from ITSrequest@uncw.edu with complete details about your request. After the ticket has been resolved, you will also receive an email asking if your incident has been resolved to your satisfaction.
5. I have some tickets in the current system (Remedy) waiting for resolution. Where will they go?
- Your current/active tickets will be imported into the new ITS Request system. You will receive emails from ITSrequest@uncw.edu alerting you of this fact and telling you how to access your incidents/service requests in the new system.
6. What about my projects / project requests? Will they be in this system?
- No, your projects will remain in the Remedy project request system, and project requests will continue to be entered in Remedy.
Questions? Contact the TAC at 962-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.