Quarterly Apple Bulk Order for University Computers and Accessories – Deadline September 5
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Each quarter UNC General Administration (UNC-GA) coordinates an Apple bulk order for campuses that wish to order Macs (iPads, etc.) and other Apple software and accessories. In the past, this process has given each campus a discount of 7% - 11% beyond normal education pricing.
Those interested in taking advantage of this opportunity for university purchases need to submit their information no later than September 5, 2013. See schedule below for details:
- September 5 (no later than 5 p.m.) – If you wish to be included in the Apple bulk order, you must contact Tami Violette (email@example.com or 910-962-3805) in ITS no later than 5 p.m. on this date to let her know the items you will be purchasing and to obtain a pre-bulk quote. (Pre-bulk quotes should NOT be submitted into uShop at this time.)
- September 6 – Pre-bulk quotes will be sent to UNC-GA and from there, forwarded to Apple.
- September 9 – Apple should have re-quotes back to UNC-GA and the campuses by this date.
- September 12 – ITS will send the re-quotes back to individuals with instructions to order via uShop.
- After September 12 but prior to September 16 – Submit your PO in uShop (It is very important to do this as quickly as possible, as Apple does not typically honor the extended discount after this end date).
- The discount extends to all software and accessories as well as computers.
- iPads with WIFI-only will be discounted $20 each if bought in a 10 pack. AppleCare for these items will also be discounted $20 if bought in a 10 pack. AppleCare is not required for this discount.
- iPads with WIFI plus 4G will be discounted 4% if bought in quantities of 10 or more. AppleCare IS required to receive this discount. (Note: UNC-GA thinks these details will apply to the iPod Mini as well but have not yet given the official word.)
- Even if there are no discounts on individual units, iPad orders are counted toward the total UNC bulk order and this gives us "credit" towards achieving higher discount levels.
If you have questions and/or wish to participate, please contact Tami Violette at
910-962-3805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.