Java Vulnerability Alerts
Please review sections below and perform one action based on your use of Banner and/or ImageNow.
Banner and/or ImageNow & WebNow users:
- Java 7 should already be running on your computer. Please do NOT upgrade from Java 7 to Java 8.
- Any version of Java 7 will work.
- To find your current version, go to http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- If Java 8 is installed, uninstall it (http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml) and install the latest release of Java 7:
- Open Windows Explorer or my computer and copy this into the address bar: \\techsupport\software\Public\Utilities\Java\Java 7 Update 67
- If your computer is 32-bit (see NOTE below), select
- If your computer is 64-bit (see NOTE below), select
- NOTE: To determine 32 vs. 64 bit, right-click on Computer and select Properties. Under System you will see System Type which will reveal either 32 or 64 bit operating system.
All Others (who don't use Banner and/or ImageNow & WebNow)
Includes Non-UNCW Computers and Student Computers
- Upgrade Java to the latest release.
- Go to http://www.java.com and follow the directions to download the free Java release.
- If prompted, ITS strongly encourages you not to install toolbars.
Questions? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).