Java Vulnerability Alerts
Please review sections below and perform one action based on your use of Banner and/or ImageNow.
Banner and/or ImageNow & WebNow users:
- Java 6 should already be running on your computer. Please do NOT upgrade from Java 6 to Java 7.
- To find your current version, go to http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- If Java 7 is installed, uninstall it (http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml) and install the latest release of Java 6 (http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml).
- If Java 6 is installed, upgrade to the latest Java 6 release (http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml).
All Others (who don't use Banner and/or ImageNow & WebNow)
Includes Non-UNCW Computers and Student Computers
- Upgrade Java to the latest release.
- Go to http://www.java.com and follow the directions to download the free Java release.
- If prompted, ITS strongly encourages you not to install toolbars.
Questions? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).