Remember to change your password on all your devices and special UNCW computer applications.
If you enter the wrong password several times, you may be locked out of your account. If you do experience this, contact the TAC for assistance.
Have questions? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).
How to Change Your Password
- Go to http://www.uncw.edu
- Click on the "Faculty & Staff " or the “Current Students” link at the top of the page.
- In the top left corner of the Faculty/Staff or Student page, click the "Change Password" link, under "Outlook Web Access (OWA)"
- Enter your email username in the "Email ID" box. Note: DO NOT include "@uncw.edu"
- The system will now do one of two things:
(1) If you do not have 2 security questions set up you will get the screen below:
- Click the Security Question Page link which will take you to this screen:
- If your password has expired or you are setting it for the first time,
you will need to click the second link that says "I wish to logon using my UNCW ID (85#) and UNCW Pin" (8-digit birth date by default).
- Once you login you will be able to choose a security question and provide the answer.
- You will need to log in and answer the security question one last time before the system allows you to change your password.
(2) If you already have a security question set up, simply provide the correct answer and the system will let you change your password.
- If you cannot remember the answer to your security question, you will need to come to the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) with your University ID so we can reset your password.