Connecting to UNCW's Wireless Networks
ITS provides two broadcast wireless networks for faculty, staff, students and guests at UNCW:
- hawkwifi - can be used by UNCW faculty, staff and students to connect to the Internet and university resources.
- seahawkguest - can be used by guests and allows access to the Internet through common Web ports. This network does not have access to UNCW resources.
Connect to hawkwifi:
- View available networks on your device and click “hawkwifi.”
- Enter your UNCW username and password.
- Accept security certificate (if prompted).
- Domain is "UNCW" (if prompted).
- Note: There may be additional security steps on your mobile device.
XP Machines - Important Note - Some XP machines have default settings that won’t work with hawkwifi. If you have trouble connecting, please follow the instructions in this XP Configuration handout (PDF) to adjust your settings.
Note for Snow Leopard – Please view these instructions for connecting OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) to hawkwifi.
Please contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at 910-962-HELP (4357) if you have trouble connecting or if you are trying to use Banner on your laptop.