Texthelp - Read&Write Gold
Texthelp's Read&Write Gold is a flexible literacy software solution that can help readers and writers--including individuals with learning disabilities and English Language Learners--access support tools needed to reach their potential, build confidence and independence and succeed. Read&Write Gold will read highlighted text on the screen and is compatible with Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Daisy and Microsoft Word.
Read&Write Gold is available for UNCW students, faculty, and staff through sponsorship
by the Disability Resource Center (DRC).
To learn about DRC: UNCW Disability Resource Center Webpage
Who Can Use Read&Write Gold
- Read&Write Gold is licensed and available for any faculty, staff or student who has a valid UNCW domain account (login).
- Read&Write Gold can be downloaded and installed on your university-owned or personal machine. The software runs on both PCs and Macs.
How To Get Read&Write Gold
Step One: View installation instructions:
Step Two: Download and install the software below for either PC or Mac (you will be prompted to log in with your UNCW domain credentials). Installation may take up to 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Do not enter an activation code when prompted. Instead, click "Activate."
- Read&Write Gold for Windows PC (login with UNCW credentials)
- Read&Write Gold for MAC (login with UNCW credentials)
Read&Write Gold Tutorials:
To maximize your experience using the software's full capabilities, we strongly encourage you to review the training information and videos on the Texthelp site: http://texthelp.com/north-america/support/videos/
Read&Write Gold Product Support:
- For help using the software, contact Texthelp support: http://www.texthelp.com/North-America/Support
- For technical assistance regarding download and installation, contact the TAC at 910-962-4357 or email@example.com.
- For information regarding the educational purposes of Read&Write Gold, contact UNCW Disability Resource Center at 910-962-7555 or DisabilityAdmin@uncw.edu.
Additional information about Read&Write Gold: DRC Assistive Technology Web page