Our two TelePresence Classrooms (Ed Building #368 and King #203) provide state of the art, full HD and immersive conferencing environments for academic classes or meetings of any type featuring connectivity to remote participants and distance learners anywhere in the world.
Mobile / Desktop Videoconferencing:
In addition to connectivity with professional grade video conferencing solutions (e.g., TelePresence systems and traditional video conferencing classrooms/systems), our classrooms can also connect with remote participants anywhere in the world via their personal computers or other mobile devices. Our classrooms support a variety of mobile/desktop conferencing tools including WebEx, Google hangouts, Skype, Cisco Jabber, Adobe connect and more.
Live Streaming and Lecture Capture:
Each of our classrooms features Mediasite and Cisco Content Server technology. Thus, any class, meeting or event can be captured, archived and made available for live or on-demand streaming to remote participants and distance learners regardless of their location.
To schedule a class, a conference or a tour of our facilities, please contact Daniel Noonan at 910-962-3928.
Distance Education & Video Network Services
In an effort to lead in cost effective services, ITS offers the facilities, equipment and technical assistance for:
- Video Conferencing & Mobile Collaboration Technologies -
TelePresence, mobile/desktop conferencing tools (e.g., WebEx, Google hangouts, Skype, Cisco Jabber, etc.) and traditional videoconferencing support services provided for academic classes, administrative meetings and “by request” special events.
- Lecture Capture & Live Streaming – Lectures, academic classes, administrative meetings, seminars and special events can be captured, archived and streamed live or on-demand to remote participants and distance learners anywhere in the world.
- Streaming Media Requests - Your media content (i.e., film clips, VHS, DVD's, etc.) can be uploaded and archived on our media server (TealVision). A link will be provided for you to make the content available via your faculty home page, Blackboard course shell or elsewhere.
Locations and Facilities
UNCW’s Distance Education and Video Network Services currently supports two TelePresence Classrooms (King Hall #203 and Education Building #368), four fully integrated distance education classrooms (Education Building #266, King Hall #202, Randall Library #2005 and Teaching Lab Building #1053) and multiple distributed video conferencing systems located throughout the UNCW campus.
Parking and Hours of Operation
- For Randall Library room #2005 and King Hall rooms #202 or #203, please park in visitor lots "D" or "M."
- For Education Building rooms #266, #368 and Teaching Lab Building #1053, please park in the parking deck (Additional parking information).
- Hours of operation: Weekdays 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and weekends by request
- Campus Map for your convenience
UNCW’s Distance Education and Video Network Services is a member of the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN), the State of North Carolina Information Technology Services’ Video Network (ITS-VNS) and the NLR TelePresence Research and Education Network (NLR R&E).These network affiliations provide the UNCW community with access to a full suite of videoconferencing, web conferencing, satellite downlinks, streaming media and real-time collaboration and communication connectivity to public, private and non-profit institutions and organizations located throughout the world.