SAS Software is available to the UNCW community through a grant between SAS and the UNC campuses. Under the grant all UNCW faculty, staff and students are eligible to obtain selected SAS software for research and instructional needs.
Acquiring SAS License
SAS is available for Windows; however, it will NOT run on Vista Home edition. See Obtaining SAS Software below. You will also need a license file to complete the install. When you visit the TAC to obtain the software, they will enter a request and the license file will be e-mailed to you. The license file is valid for one year. A new one will be sent to you each March.
Install SAS 9.1.3
- New Installation - Version 9.1.3
- Close ALL Program before installation
- Insert SAS Setup Disk
- Browse to and open the file you saved in step 3 of Requesting a SAS License and follow the instructions
Renewing License for Version 9.1.3
- Click on the Start menu on your computer
- Select All Programs -> SAS -> SAS 9.1 Utilities -> Renew SAS Software
- Follow the onscreen instructions being sure to browse to the license file you saved when you installed the software
Obtaining SAS Software
Faculty and staff who wish to have SAS installed on a university-owned system should contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) and request the software be installed.
Faculty, staff and students who wish to install the software on their personal machine:
- bring six (6) blank CDs (please bring CD-R format and not CD-RW) to the TAC to obtain a personal copy of the software
- check the software out from the TAC. You will need to go to the TAC and present your UNCW ID in order to check out the software