DEADLINE: February 14, 2014
The objective of the Boseman-TenHuisen scholarship is to recognize and encourage academic excellence and to offer financial support to meritorious students. Scholarship recipients will be nominated by faculty or staff, and the winner will be chosen by a competitive selection process, having clearly demonstrated strong skills in many areas, including academic scholarship, leadership involvement, and community service in their application. There will be one award of $750 to the student who best meets the criteria below.
Students must be nominatied by a faculty or staff member who will submit the nominating documents.
All Boseman-Tenheusien Scholarship nominations will be submitted to the LGBTQIA Resource Office, by February 14, 2104, 12:00 p.m.. Nominations will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the LGBTQIA Resource Center Advisory Board, made up of faculty and staff members. There will be no student peer review. UNCW does not maintain any record of the sexual orientation of students and all nomination information will be completely confidential. Notification of awards will be made via e-mail to the address listed on the nomination form.
Criteria-All nominees must meet the following criteria.
- Must be a currently enrolled, full-time, UNCW undergraduate.
- Must have a cummulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to issues of social justice.
- Must be a member of a UNCW LGBTQIA student organization.
- Should have a record of active service and involvement in the LGBTQIA community and significant experience with issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity.
For consideration, all nominating material must be submitted by Februar 14, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.
- A completed application-click her for nomination form
- A 500 word essay highlighting the applicant's contribution and service to the LGBTQIA community at UNCW and work on issues of social justice.
All materials must be completed, placed in a manila envelope marked Boseman-Tenhuisen Application and submitted to the LGBTQIA Resource Office by 12:00 p.m. on February 14, 2014.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 962-2114.