By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
PADI Medical Statement | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are not provided - bring XL twin sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Dive Hawks Residential: Ages 14-17
Must have completed 8th grade and turn 14 by June 1st
Prerequisite: (1)Students must have Divers Alert Network (DAN) insurance or equivalent coverage.(2) Ability to pass PADI swim test, including 10 minute float or tread in deep water and un-timed 200 meter/yard continuous surface swim.
Dive into the world beneath the sea with MarineQuest’s wildly popular program Dive Hawks. This week long dive intensive program will provide young marine enthusiasts with an opportunity to earn their PADI open water dive certification which they will use to explore the ocean’s amazing aquatic life, beautiful artificial reefs and historical ship wrecks. Learn how SCUBA has changed the way marine scientists study the ocean through underwater research techniques. Explore the careers of an underwater archeologist, media diver, and dive safety officer. Familiarize yourself with SCUBA equipment, diving techniques, and dive safety while gaining the skills needed to become a confident diver.
Field excursions include:
- NC Underwater Archaeology Center; UNCW Center for Marine Science; Stone Tug Wreck, Pocahontas Tug Wreck, Boat-based Snorkel Excursion, Wrightsville Beach, and Kure Beach.
- PADI Open Water Certification (includes three class sessions, two pool sessions, two confined water dives and two ocean dives); Enjoy an amazing 1:4 student to Dive Master / Dive Instructor ratio providing personal attention, increased safety, and training tips; Interaction with professional divers and learn about diving careers; Discussions on local marine life and local invasive species (Lion Fish); beach trips; boat trips and more…
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday|
|Friday pick-up is at 1:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: June 16 - 21
Session 2: June 23 - 28
Session 3: July 7 - 12
Session 4: July 21 - 26
(includes $400 dive fee)
$1070, before May 1
$1145, after May 1
* Tuition includes scuba equipment rental, wetsuit rental and all dives fees.
** Students will be responsible for bringing mask, snorkel and fins (may be purchased at program for a discounted rate through local dive shop ~ $175 package)
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To apply for Dive Hawks, you must complete the MarineQuest Summer Program Application. See the links below to begin your application process.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.