Coastal Cruisers & Sea Angels Instructors
Instructors (2 positions)
Coastal Cruisers & Sea Angels instructors will lead two different programs throughout the summer alternating weeks between sessions. As a Coastal Cruisers instructor you will help students discover the migratory species that “cruise” our coast. As a Sea Angels instructor you will take female students on an adventure to discover some of the "heavenly" creatures that inhabit the sea (zooplankton, diatoms, sea angels, seashells, sea turtles, etc). Programs include field trips to the beach, marsh, bird sanctuary, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium. This is your chance to help students discover the beauty and excitement held within our our coastal habitats.
Student ages 7 - 9
- Provide “hands-on, feet-wet” instruction for campers age 7-9
- Supervise campers in classroom, in field, and during lunch
- Provide first aid to campers
- Behavior management
- General clean up and maintenance of camp
- Must be able to lead and participate in outdoor learning experiences (rain or shine)
- Must have strong oral communication skills to communicate effectively with campers, parents, and staff
- Must demonstrate initiative and leadership qualities
- Must have previous experience and desire to work with youth
- Preference is for candidates who have already completed a bachelors degree in a field of study related to the marine sciences. Minimum requirement is two years towards a bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the marine sciences.
- Knowledge of local marine habitats is a plus
- CPR/First Aid is required (must be obtained by June 14, 2014)
- Lifeguard Certification is preferred (may be obtained by June 14, 2014; MarineQuest may attempt to organize an American Red Cross class before staff training begins. Cost would be approximately $250.00. If interested in this option, please contact Sue Kezios); however we encourage you to pursue alternate certification options.
Terms of Employment:
- June 16 through August 1, Monday through Friday (possible one week extension dependent on camp attendance)
- Training during the weeks of June 6 through June 13
- Average work week is 40 hours from 7:45am-4:15pm Monday-Thursday, and 7:45am-1:45pm Friday.
- Pay rate starts at $8.50/hr, dependent on qualifications
- Employment is subject to a criminal and Homeland Security background check
|Coastal Cruisers Website||Sea Angels Website|
To apply please visit the online application and click on "search positions" then click on "search" (leave all fields blank) then click on "MarineQuest Summer Camp Instructor/Counselor" to submit an application for the position(s) you are applying for.