Summer Confirmation Packet
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
MarineQuest Code of Conduct | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea Shots Dive paperwork | PDF
PADI Medical Statement | PDF
sea shots brochure
Sea Shots | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets. .
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Sea Shots Residential: Ages 14 - 17
Must have completed 8th grade and turn 14 by June 1st
Prerequisite: (1) Students must have open water dive certification from a nationally recognized organization to attend Sea Shots. (2) Students must have Divers Alert Network (DAN) insurance or equivalent coverage. (3) Ability to pass PADI swim test, including 10 minute float or tread in deep water and un-timed 200 meter/yard continuous surface swim.
Are you a fan of Animal Planet, National Geographic or the Discovery Channel? Ever wonder what it would be like to document the underwater world yourself? Join MarineQuest and explore the ocean through a new lens as you become an expertly trained and certified Digital Underwater Photographer! While diving into this exciting underwater world professional dive instructors will work with you to improve your buoyancy and navigation skills as you set off to complete an underwater exploration project using digital photography. Whether you are completing a photo journal of local marine life or doing a photo documentation of local shipwrecks, your chosen project will provide you with the opportunity to think, observe and document like a real marine scientist. All Sea Shooters will exhibit their final projects at the end of the week as they share their new discoveries
Field excursions include:
- Dive beautiful shipwrecks including the Stone Tug, Old Dredge, the Markham, and the infamous Hyde Dredge; Trips to various local marine habitats, the UNCW Center for Marine Science; Wrightsville Beach and more….
- Enjoy six dives with an amazing 1:4 student to dive master / instructor ratio providing personal attention and training tips; opportunity to earn Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Diver certification; complete an underwater exploration project, interact with professional dive instructors as they work with you to improve your buoyancy skills; learn about underwater navigation, underwater photography, lighting fundamentals, underwater composition and equipment maintenance and care; gain experience with post-processing photos using computers; and test your diving skills with an introduction to underwater videography. Exploration projects may include discussions on local marine life, local invasive species, marine conservation issues and more…
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday|
|Friday pick-up is at 1:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Summer 2014 Dates:||
Session 1: July 13 - 18
(includes $500 dive fee)
TBA by November 2013
* Tuition includes scuba equipment rental. wetsuit rental and all dives fees.
** Students will be responsible for bringing mask, snorkel and fins (may be purchased at program for a discounted rate through local dive shop ~ $175 package)
*** Students are encouraged to provide their own digital camera and underwater housing but not required. MarineQuest uses Sea Life DC1200 and GoPro Hero underwater cameras.
Tuition payment plan information will be made available when registration opens.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
Summer application coming soon!
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest