By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Treasure SEAkers: Ages 7-8
Must have completed first grade and turn 7 by June 1st
Avast, me hearties! Join MarineQuest as we plow coastal waters in search of sunken ships and buried treasure. Discover the history of seafaring along our coast including whalers, pirates, and blockade runners. Find out where the island ponies came from. Explore our maritime heritage in naval stores, boat building and fisheries. Learn about the highly prized marine species that have become endangered in our area and find out why they are the real treasure we seek.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, maritime forest, Underwater Archeology Exhibit at Ft. Fisher Historic Site; Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium and more....
- Master map and compass use skills; learn how to use binoculars and metal detectors; go seining, dip netting and fishing; go snorkeling in shallow sea grass beds; visit underground railroad site; get swallowed up by a life size Right Whale!
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Friday pick-up at 12:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
July 8 - 12
|Tuition:||TBA by November 2013|
Tuition payment plan information will be made available when registration opens.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest