Treasure SEAkers: Ages 7-8
Must have completed first grade and turn 7 by June 1st
Avast, me hearties! Join MarineQuest as we plow coastal waters in search of sunken ships and buried treasure. Discover the history of seafaring along our coast including whalers, pirates, and blockade runners. Explore our maritime heritage in naval stores, boat building and fisheries. Learn about the highly prized marine species that have become endangered in our area and find out why they are the real treasure we seek.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, maritime forest, Underwater Archeology Exhibit at Ft. Fisher Historic Site; Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium; Cape Fear Museum
- Make a map and compass; learn how to use binoculars; go seining, dip netting and fishing; go shallow water snorkeling and hunt for sea grass beds; get swallowed up by a life size Right Whale!
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Friday pick-up at 12:00 p.m.|
Staff / Student Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
Session 1: June 19-23
Session 2: July 10-14
Session 3: July 24-28
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest