Cancellation Policy | PDF
PADI Medical Statement | PDF
O.C.E.A.N.S. | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
O.C.E.A.N.S. Residential: Ages 15-16
Ocean Career Exploration and Nautical Science
Must have completed 9th grade and turn 15 by June 1st
Think you want to be a marine biologist? How about an oceanographer? Maybe you prefer marine technology specialist? You can check out your career options at our program designed to let you step into the swim fins of different types of marine scientists. Gain first-hand experience using a variety of field equipment to collect data and monitor the marine environment. Participate in a full day research cruise trawling to collect specimens and learning how to use aboard ship instruments. Try out diving by participating in a PADI Discover SCUBA diving course - no prior experience necessary. Discover how underwater remotely operated vehicles support ocean exploration and try your hand at flying our Video Ray.
Field excursions include:
- Six-hour research cruise on the ocean; a trip to an undeveloped barrier island, field trips to beach, marshes, fouling station, rocky intertidal zone, sea turtle hospital, marine technology program, aquaculture lab, rock fossil quarry, Center for Marine Science, and other marine facilities.
- Build a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) and complete an underwater mission; interact with UNCW research scientists; explore a variety of marine habitats while performing a comparative biological study; experience scuba diving in confined water during a PADI discover scuba diving course; do transect analysis while snorkeling; conduct field research using Vernier LabQuest hand-held computers, plot marine debris and perform a beach profile using GPS, analyze phytoplankton and chlorophyll data for a NOAA sponsored program, analyze side scan sonar and CTD probe data, participate in marine animal dissections, study wave formation with boogie board oceanography; take a surf lesson; and more…
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday (two week program)|
|Friday pick-up is at 2:00 p.m., presentations start at 12:30 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Summer 2014 Dates:||
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To complete the teacher recommendation, please have your teacher click here to submit their teacher recommendation.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest