Ocean S.E.R.V.E: Ages 14-17
Must have completed 8th grade and turn 14 by June 1st
MarineQuest's Summer Environmental Research and Volunteer Experience (S.E.R.V.E.) is your chance to give back to the ocean. Spend each day in the field collecting data on coastal habitat health. Upload data to a national website responsible for monitoring ocean conditions. Engage in community service projects focused on restoring oyster reefs and planting marsh grasses. Help monitor sea turtle nesting. Conduct a marine debris study and create a PSA about human impacts.
Field excursions include:
- Participate in a research cruise and explore Discover Scuba Diving (no experience necessary).
- Interact with UNCW scientists, students and other community workers to restore coastal habitat; use field equipment to monitor environmental health
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday / Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45* p.m.
Pick up on Friday 12:30 PM.
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2015 Dates:||
TBD, Will be posted Fall 2014
|Residential students must arrive on Sunday at 3 p.m. while commuting students join the program Monday at 8 a.m.|
|Commuter Tuition:||TBD, Will be posted Fall 2014|
|Residential Tuition:||TBD, Will be posted Fall 2014|
*Commuter note: On Wednesday, students will need to be returned to campus after afternoon check-out for a Discover Scuba session.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To complete the teacher recommendation, please have your teacher click here to submit their teacher recommendation (link will be available Fall 2014 for Summer 2015).
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the next step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest