MarineQuest Main Line
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea Mates: Ages 9-11*
Must have completed 3rd* grade and turn 9 by June 1st
Hey, Sea Mates – get ready to journey through time and space as we analyze how the forces of nature have created the coastal habitats we see today.
You and your mates will use the tools of meteorologists, oceanographers and paleontologists to explore our coastline and document how it has changed over time. Investigate the effects of the Sun and Moon on ocean water movement and weather. Discover how water, wind and waves change our landscape. Examine fossils and cores to find out what they can tell us about past environmental conditions. Identify adaptations that helped some of our key species survive coastal changes and learn how climate change is challenging their future. Along the way, you will solve some history mysteries like, “How did the seashell get inside a mountain?” and “Where did the barrier island go?”
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, coquina outcrop, fossil quarry, Sea Turtle Hospital (not Session 1), and Center for Marine Science.
- Travel by boat/ kayak to a barrier island; participate in boogie board oceanography; take core samples for geologic analysis; analyze water samples; monitor and interpret weather data.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
Monday - Thursday (Session 1)
Monday - Friday (Session 2)
8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. with last day pick-up at 12:00 p.m.
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2015 Dates:||
Session 1: June 29 - July 2 (4 day camp) 4 Slots Remaining!
Session 2: August 3 - 7 (5 day camp) 1 Slot Remaining!
$295 (Session 1)
$360 (Session 2)
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest