By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are not provided - bring XL twin sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Sea L.A.B: Boys Only Ages 12-14
Leadership Academy for Boys
Must have completed 6th grade and turn 12 by June 1st
From SCUBA to AUVs, ocean exploration has challenged men for decades. Discover their scientific achievements and how they changed the way we explore the marine environment. Investigate the fields of marine technology and engineering during a research cruise. Use technology to visualize the ocean floor and analyze the water column. Conduct a trawl and study morphological adaptations of the marine specimens you collect. Learn the importance of ocean monitoring as you construct a working buoy. Put your greens skills to the test as you design an ocean energy harnessing device. Explore the technology behind coastal management. And spend a day with Discover Scuba Diving (no prior experience necessary). So, take the plunge with Sea LAB! Who knows, you might be the next Jacques Cousteau?
Field excursions include:
- Ocean research cruise; emphasis on marine technology. Explore coastal habitats by kayak. Take field trips to the beach, marsh, Fantasy Lake Scuba Diving Park, Center for Marine Science, and other marine facilities.
- Get real hands-on experience with some of the latest research tools such as GPS hand-held units, Vernier probeware and data collectors. Participate in a research cruise while learning how to map the ocean floor and analyze side scan sonar data. Work in teams to build your own energy machine. Learn about buoy designs from coastal ocean professionals and then put your building skills to the test as you construct your own water quality data collection system. Try out diving by participating in a PADI Discover SCUBA diving course. Develop skills and confidence in leadership roles. Meet, interact with, and learn from inspirational UNCW research scientists and professional divers.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday|
|Friday pick-up is at 1:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Scuba Diving Ratio:||1:4|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
July 21 - 26
$750, before May 1
$795, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To apply for Sea GEMS, you must complete the MarineQuest Summer Program Application. See the links below to begin your application process.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest