Music Study at UNC Wilmington
You will study with a dedicated faculty of internationally recognized artists and teachers while enjoying small class sizes and extensive performance opportunities.
Individual attention is the hallmark of the Department of Music at UNCW. With a student-faculty ratio of about 9 to 1, the department is small enough to permit liberal faculty attention to each student. Close contact between students and faculty is maintained throughout the year in a variety of formal and informal venues.
As an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music, the Department of Music is committed to the highest standards of excellence in teaching and training students who will become the artists and teachers of the future. Overall, it would be difficult to find a more diversified and challenging curriculum than the music curriculum at UNCW.
At a Glance
- Supportive learning environment
- Award-winning student ensembles
- Individual advising and counseling
- Extensive performance opportunities
- Internationally recognized faculty artists
- A major university in an attractive setting
- Excellent intellectual and musical training
- Affordable quality undergraduate education
- A new Cultural Arts Building for music, art, and theatre
- An accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music