There is no better way to show appreciation for an act of kindness than to say “thank you!” As chair of the UNCW Department of Music, I have been saying thank you often in recent years because of the growing number of the department’s alumni and friends who have pledged their support to us. These donors realize how important private support is to the life of a university and are doing what they can to expand the department’s resources.
Gifts to the Department of Music help supply equipment for classrooms, support student services and extracurricular activities, as well as help provide needed scholarship support for our students. It is this help and generosity that allows us to provide a meaningful education for UNCW music students, in addition to high-quality musical presentations for the Wilmington community.
Finally, in appreciation of our donors’ support, the department recognizes each donor on the back page of every program of the season in which the donation was made. Also, each donor will be placed on our mailing list and will receive the department’s semi-annual newsletter, Notes, in order to keep you informed of the latest departmental activities and events.
We hope you join us in support of the UNCW Department of Music. Your act of kindness goes a long way toward assuring a bright future for UNCW and the Department of Music.
Dr. Frank Bongiorno, Chair
Department of Music
- Online credit card gift
- Recurring credit card gift
- Check – this is the form to print to mail in a gift
- Faculty-Staff Gift form
- Bank Draft
Your donor support may also be sent to:
Advancement Services, The University of North Carolina Wilmington, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403-5905. Checks should be made payable to UNCW.
Let us know if you would like to designate your gift for one of the following funds, or unrestricted:
- Alma W. Adcock Scholarship in Music Education
- William F. Adcock, Jr. Scholarship
- The Christopher Kent Beaver Memorial Choral Music Scholarship
- Cape Fear Jazz Society Scholarship
- Choir Trust Fund
- Department of Music Scholarships
- Department of Music Trust Fund
- Have-A-Seat Music Artistic Scholarship fund
- (Artistic Talent Award in Music): $1,000 gift per seat in Beckwith Recital Hall
- Mary Ann and Spencer Everett Scholarship
- Patrick M. Foster Memorial Scholarship in Music
- Henriksen Scholarship in Music
- Jazz Ensembles Trust Fund
- Mary T. Newman Scholarship
- Wind Symphony Trust Fund
- UNCW Opera Outreach Project (UNC-WOOP!)
Does your company have a matching gift program? If so, please provide a matching gift form with your gift to make an even greater difference to the future of music at UNCW!