The Office of e-Learning is committed to assisting faculty with online and web-enhanced courses. We serve as a resource to help improve online pedagogy through training and support. The purpose of this site is to help guide faculty when building, teaching, or evaluating an online course. We offer assistance for fully online courses and hybrid courses, both synchronous and asynchronous.
- Services: We offer course evaluations, one-on-one training, and any other assistance needed for your online courses.
- Training Sessions: Each semester we have guest speakers from various departments at UNCW speak about specific topics regarding their online courses. The speakers provide insight, best practices tips, and examples for good course design and delivery.
- Training Videos: Training videos covering different areas of focus in Blackboard Learn.
- Events: We offer opportunities for instructors to gather and gain share knowledge about the world of online instruction. Events are open to faculty and staff and are both on and off campus.
- Newsletters: Newsletters are sent out each month containing news, tips, events, and other e-Learning happenings. Past and present newsletters are housed on the website.
- Self- Instructional Materials: We have handouts available for instant help and reminders. There are dozens of useful handouts available for help with Blackboard Learn, Blackboard IM, screen capture software, and Respondus.
- Resources: Best practices, course evaluation samples, rubrics, McGraw-Hill Connect textbook list and other useful resources.
- Award: Information regarding the annual Excellence in e-Learning award