admissions If you are interested in applying to UNCW and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree offered at our Onslow Extension site, contact our office at 910.346.8246.  You can access information about our four undergraduate, two graduate, and teaching licensure programs by visiting the Academics page on our website.



Admission Deadline Information

UNCW Onslow Extension Site

Summer 2015 application - CLOSED

Fall 2015 application deadline - July 1st


Apply today!

All application materials (i.e. official final high school transcripts, all official college or university transcripts, essay, and application fee) must be received by this date

(Also for graduate application deadlines please refer to the individual departments for further information)


Transfer Admission

Transfer students are students that have graduated from high school or completed the General Educational Development (GED) test or an Adult High School diploma and are attending, or have previously attended, either a two- or four-year college/university.

In order to be considered for admission at UNC Wilmington, a prospective transfer student under the age of 21, must meet North Carolina's minimum course requirements. If they do not, then the student would need to complete additional coursework to be considered for admission.

Students seeking information on transfer equivalencies from other colleges and universities may find the following links helpful.

Non-Degree Seeking Admission

Permission (Fall and Spring ONLY)

Students from other colleges or universities, who intend to return to their home institution, may attend UNCW as permission (visiting) students in the fall or spring semesters. A student may only attend as a permission student for two consecutive semesters (not including summer sessions).

Summer Visiting (Summer School ONLY)

Summer visiting students (those currently enrolled at another institution) are allowed to attend classes at UNCW for Summer School only.

Special Undergraduate Admission

Students who have graduated from a four-year accredited college or university and want to take undergraduate classes, but do not want to earn a second degree, are classified as special undergraduates (if you would like to earn a second degree, you must apply as a transfer student).

This application option is also available for students who need to take classes toward completion of teacher certification or licensure requirements on-campus (or at an extension site).


Do not go where the path my lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  M. Tayloe [ tayloem AT uncw DOT edu ]