Orientation is Mandatory for all new UNCW undergraduate students. The Onslow Extension Site provides Orientation each semester for newly admitted Extension students. During your orientation session, you will have the opportunity to have your student id picture taken for your UNCW One Card, purchase books from the UNCW bookstore, meet your academic advisor, and register for classes.
Onslow Extension Students should NOT register for a main campus Orientation session. All newly admitted freshmen and main campus transfer students need to register for a Main Campus Orientation session.
- Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin and Sampson Extension Students should contact the site’s coordinator to sign-up for orientation
- Students accepted into the Bachelor of Science RN to BS and the B.S. Clinical Research should contact the School of Nursing directly at 910.962.3208 to find out about their orientation; they should not register for the Onslow Extension orientation.
- Students accepted into the Elementary Education Licensure program should contact Mr. Sam Black at email@example.com to find out about their orientation; they should not register for the Onslow Extension orientation.
- Graduate students should contact their academic advisor to find out about their orientation; they are not required to attend the Onslow Extension orientation.
Spring 2014 Onslow Extension Orientation Information
- Date: December 10, 2013
- Check in Time: 3:00
- Location: Coastal Carolina Community College BT 101 (CCCC campus map)
Following the general orientation session, students will meet with their academic advisor and register for classes
Prior to Orientation
1. Pay your $100 enrollment deposit
In order to register for Orientation, the $100 enrollment deposit must have been paid. If you have not paid your enrollment deposit, please reference your Teal Ticket for step-by-step instructions on paying the deposit by mail or online.
2. Register and pay for Orientation
To register online and pay the $20.00 orientation fee by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), please follow these instructions:
- Log into mySeaport
- Login with your UserID and password (If you are unable to access mySeaPort, please contact the Technology Assistance Center at 910.962.HELP)
- Click on the Student Services tab
- Scroll down on the left hand side of the screen and under Services click on "Orientation Signup"
- Follow the instructions to select your Orientation, and make your online payment
- Students who do not pay the Orientation Registration fee will not be able to register for classes the night of Orientation.
- No payment will be taken in person on the night of orientation.
- The orientation fee is NOT waived for Active Duty Military.
- Graduate students are welcome, but are not required to attend orientation.
- Due to space limitations, guests, spouses, and parents are not permitted to attend orientation.
3. Access you UNCW email accountStudents accounts are created upon acceptance to the university (refer to your Teal Ticket for more information).
- Your username is your first, middle and last initial followed by four random digits. Look up your username.
4. Contact your Academic Advisor:Your advisor will assist in determining which classes you will need to complete your degree at UNCW
- Business Administration: Leanne Smith - 910.962.2508 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Criminology: Dr. Kenneth Mentor - 910.859.3460 or email@example.com
- Elementary Education: Dr. Lisa Keenan - 910.455.8034 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Work: Nicole Mattocks - 910.455.1700 or email@example.com
- The Onslow Extension Social Work Program only accepts Social Work students for the FALL semester, and is a limited access cohort
5. Follow remaining steps on the Teal Ticket
- Immunization Records and Health Insurance are NOT required for Extension Students (please contact Katrin Wesner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the student health insurance)
6. Review the Orientation FAQ's before attending orientation
A representative from the UNCW Bookstore will be available at CCCC for book purchases and buy-backs during orientation.
Book Buying Options / Order Books Online
Student ID Cards
UNCW Student ID pictures will be taken the night of Orientation. The $20 fee for your ID card will be billed directly to your student account. You will not receive your student ID card on the night of orientation, but will receive it approximately 2 weeks later; ID cards may be picked up at the Onslow Extension office located in the Administration building at Coastal Carolina Community College. Refer to the UNCW Extension website for updates.
Note: The ID card and orientation fee are separate charges.
The General Orientation Program IS mandatory for all newly admitted students. If you are unable to attend the scheduled Orientation program, please email the Onslow Extension Site at email@example.com