Engage at UNCW
|April 21st||10:30 AM- 4:00 PM|
UNCW hosts one American Red Cross Blood Drive each month in the Warwick Center Ballroom. To donate, please register and use sponsor code "UNCW"
Become an Engagement Guide in 2016!
What is an Engagement Guide?
Engagement Guides are UNCW students who volunteer their time and talents to help guide their UNCW peers to engage in leadership and service initiatives offered by the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Collaborating with community agencies to cultivate, market, and assess ongoing service opportunities for students
- Utilizing reflection strategies to help volunteers make meaning of their leadership and community service experiences
- Attending weekly team meetings with Graduate Assistant Advisors and all scheduled 1-on-1 meetings
- Providing support for office programs (Seahawk Leadership Conference, Halloween Carnival, Stop Hunger Now, Adopt-A-Family, Service Break Trips, etc.)
Join our team! Become and Engagement Guide
We are looking for new members to join our team! If you are passionate about serving your community and want to help others serve our community, consider applying to become and Engagement Guide.
Why would you want to serve as an Engagement Guide?
- Gain skills in communication, collaboration, event planning, risk management, marketing and branding, facilitation/presenting, and program assessment and evaluation
- Learn about leadership theory and practice (which you can apply in other contexts)
- Learn about community needs locally, regionally, nationally, and globally
- Create awareness of community and social justice issues
- Represent the Office of Student Leadership & Engagement within UNCW
- Represent UNCW in the Wilmington community
Have questions? Want to meet our team?
Stop by our office during business hours! We'd be happy to meet with you. Applications are due April 8 by 5:00 PM.
Interviews will be held April 13-15
Contact Brianna Nichols with questions.
"I love being an Engagement Guide because I have the opportunity to connect with the community and other students in a deeper and more meaningful way, than I ever thought possible. My time working as a Guide has transformed my college experience by motivating me to give back to others and be the best possible person I can be." Haley Phillips, Junior #UNCW Learn more about becoming an Engagement Guide with our office! Applications are now open for all UNCW students. Visit our website for more info (link in bio) #humansofthedub #EngageUNCW #ILM
Have you completed any community service or philanthropy activities this academic year?
If so, we want to hear about it! Please report your hours here so we can showcase your engagement. Reporting your hours will also create a running list for you that can be used later for your resume, graduate school applications, or job interview content! Learn more about the Engagement Hours Reporting System.