Bachelor of Science: PreLicensure (Nursing)
Thank you for considering the UNCW School of Nursing (SON). There are many factors that make our program exceptional:
- Job prospects and salary are high (national average starting salary is $51,500 according to payscale.com).
- NCLEX Pass Rate: 94% (3 year average 2011-2013).
- UNCW admits students earlier than most every other NC school.
We admit students both Fall and Spring and accept 50 students each semester. The Fall cohort application deadline is December 15. The Spring cohort application deadline is July 1.
The School of Nursing offers over 50 scholarships to SON students. All prospective and accepted SON students are encourage to fill out their FAFSA and the UNCW Named Scholarship Application (right side column) in the Financial Aid Office to be eligible to receive an award from the university or SON.
As early as Freshman year, students can also take advantage of the Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS) program, which provides up to $20,000 of financial assistance to in-state students who are committed to working in North Carolina. For more information on the FELS program, visit www.cfnc.org/FELS (external link).
The U.S. government sponsors the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program (external link) which enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility upon graduation.
Prospective Student Resources:
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- BSN Advising Calendar
- Admissions Info (PDF)
- TEAS Admissions Test (PDF)
- TEAS Test Preparation (external link)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Transfer Credit for Nursing Prerequisites (PDF)
- NC Community College Course Equivalents (PDF)
- Simulation Learning Center Photographs and Video (external link)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Visit our Pre-Nursing Students Facebook page: