Bachelor of Science: PreLicensure (Nursing)
Thank you for considering the UNCW School of Nursing (SON). There are many factors that make our program exceptional:
- Job prospects and salary are high (national average starting salary is $51,500 according to payscale.com).
- NCLEX Pass Rate: 94% (3 year average 2011-2013).
- UNCW admits students earlier than most every other NC school.
We admit students both Fall and Spring and accept 50 students each semester. The Fall cohort application deadline is December 15. The Spring cohort application deadline is July 1.
Prospective Student Resources:
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- BSN Advising Calendar
- Click HERE for the UNCW Nursing Pre-Licensure Application for Admissions. This application is for the Fall 2016 admission and must be submitted by December 15, 2015 at 11:59pm.
- TEAS Admissions Test (PDF)
- TEAS Test Preparation (external link)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Transfer Credit for Nursing Prerequisites (PDF)
- NC Community College Course Equivalents (PDF)
- Simulation Learning Center Photographs and Video (external link)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Visit our Pre-Nursing Students Facebook page:
The School of Nursing offers over 50 scholarships to SON students. All prospective and accepted SON students are encouraged to fill out their FAFSA and the UNCW Scholarship Application in mySeaport to be eligible to receive an award from the university or SON.
Other scholarship opportunities outside of UNCW (external links):
- Navy Nurse Corps Scholarship (PDF)
- Forgiveable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Yolanda Norwood Memorial Scholarship
- North Carolina Community Foundation Scholarships
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- Winston-Salem Foundation Scholarships
- Colon Furr Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- North Carolina Nursing Association Southeast Region Scholarship (PDF)
- F.A. Davis Scholarship