- University Studies
- Transfer Credit Equivalents
- Transient Study Process
- Degree Audit Instructions
- Declare a Major/Minor
- GPA Calculator (external link)
- Having Academic Difficulties?
- CHHS FERPA Form (PDF)
- How to Register for Courses
Office of Student Success
schedule an appointment:
Bachelor of Science: PreLicensure (Nursing)
Thank you for considering the UNCW School of Nursing (SON). There are many factors that make our program exceptional:
- Job prospects and salary are high (average starting pay is $22.40, which equates to an annual salary of $45,000).
- NCLEX Pass Rate: 96% (2012).
- Retention Rate: 99% (Spring 2013).
- UNCW admits students earlier than most every other NC school.
We admit students both Fall and Spring and accept 50 students each semester. The Fall cohort application deadline is December 15. The Spring cohort application deadline is July 1.
The SON offers over 50 scholarships to nursing students. In additions, as early as Freshman year, students can also take advantage of the Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS) program, which provides up to $20,000 of financial assistance to in-state students who are committed to working in North Carolina. For more information on the FELS program, visit www.cfnc.org/FELS (external link).
Prospective Student Resources:
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- Application and Evaluation (PDF)
- Admissions Assessment Testing (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Transfer Credit for Nursing Prerequisites (PDF)
- NC Community College Course Equivalents (PDF)
- Advising Presentation (external link)
- Simulation Learning Center Photographs and Video (external link)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Visit our Pre-Nursing Students Facebook page: