Bachelor of Science: PreLicensure (Nursing)The School of Nursing offers a program leading to the Bachelor of Science degree with a major in professional nursing. The purpose of this baccalaureate program is to prepare a generalist who possesses the knowledge, skills, and attitudes with which to practice family-centered professional nursing in a variety of current and emerging health care delivery systems. In addition, the program is designed to provide a foundation for graduate nursing education. Through interactions with clients--individual persons, families and communities--and other health care professionals, nursing graduates will contribute toward meeting the wide-ranging needs of the region, state, and the larger community.
- UNCW's NCLEX Pass Rate is 96% compared to the national average of 86% (3 year average 2014-2016).
- The School of Nursing admits students earlier than most every other NC school - students typically start in sophomore year.
- In addition to the FELS Program, the School of Nursing offers over 50 scholarships.
- Median salary of $67,490 in 2015 and employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations (BLS).
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON)
We admit students both Fall and Spring and accept 50 students each semester. The Fall cohort application deadline is December 15. The Spring cohort application deadline is July 1. The application for Fall 2017 has closed. The next application deadline will be July 01, 2017 for Spring 2018. The application will be available after June 01, 2017.
- Admissions Info
- Total Score Calculator
- TEAS Admissions Test
- Frequently Asked Questions
- NC Community College Course Equivalents
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- Newly Admitted Student Resources
- Current Student Resources
- Simulation Learning Center Photographs and Video
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Visit our Pre-Nursing Students Facebook page: