Bachelor of Science: Clinical Research
NEWS: CNN Money names Clinical Research the #4 best job in America.
The Bachelor of Science in Clinical Research offers students the opportunity to gain specialized education, training, and experience in the exciting field of clinical research. Clinical research is the process by which new therapies (medications, biological agents, and devices) are tested in clinical studies prior to approval and marketing. Clinical research also includes the study of products after approval, once they are on the market, particularly for rare or unexpected adverse events. Students in the Clinical Research Program gain a broad-based understanding of the science, regulatory, and business aspects of developing new therapies to treat illness and improve quality of life.
We are often asked, "Is this a Nursing degree?" While the Clinical Research Program sits in the School of Nursing and has similar pre-requisites, it is not a Nursing degree. The undergraduate UNCW Clinical Research degrees is awarded as Bachelor of Science in Clinical Research with no mention of Nursing. The degree is mostly online; local residence is not required.
Prospective Student Resources
- What is Clinical Research?
- Clinical Research Admissions Information (PDF)
- Clinical Research Application (Deadline to apply is April 16, 2017)
- Program of Study (PDF)
- CLR Advising Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- NC Community College Transfer Equivalents (PDF)
- Past, Present, and Future of Clinical Research in North Carolina - 4/8/15 (video)
- How can I get started in the Clinical Research Field?
- Drug Discovery and Development Process (video)
- Student Learning Outcomes
Current Student Resources
- Student Association of Clinical Research: SeaOrg
- Orientation for Online Students
- NC Coast CLR Initiative: Industry Information
- Prof. Org.: DIA
- Association of CLR Professionals
- Information about the MS Degree in Clinical Research
- UNCW Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
- UNCW Scholarship Application - Over 50 scholarships available
- Additional Scholarship Opportunities