Theodore W. Burgh, Associate Professor
Office: Bear Hall 275
Phone: (910) 962-7660
- Ph.D., University of Arizona - Near Eastern Studies
- M.A., University of Arizona - Near Eastern Studies
- M.A., Howard University - Religious Studies
- B.A., Hampton University - Music
Areas of Expertise
- Hebrew Bible
- History of Israelite Religion
- Ethnology of Music in Ancient Israel
- Listening to the Artifacts: Music Culture in Ancient Israel/Palestine. New York: T&T Clark International/Continuum Press. 2006
- "Who's the Man?" Sex and Gender in Iron Age Israel Musical Performance. Near Eastern Archaeology 27.3 (September 2004, published February 2006).
- Mattingly, Keith and Theodore W. Burgh, "Lintel Inscription Tall Hisban, Field M, Square 5, 2001." Andrews University Seminary Studies 43.2 (March 2006): 247-260.
- "Ancient Music of Israel/Palestine: What are the Sources, and How Should We treat them?" Moving from the Specific to the General and Back Again." In Sources of Music in Ancient Israel/Palestine. Ed. Regina Randhofer. Orientwissenschaftliche Hefte 8/2003.
- "Music and Musical Instruments in the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Israel/Palestine." 2002.
- PAR 235: Introduction to Old Testament
- PAR 362: Archaeology of Ancient Israel
- PAR 495: History of Religion of Ancient Israel
- PAR 495: Music in Ancient Israel
- PAR 495: Psalms