Error processing SSI file
Candace C. Gauthier, Professor
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.S., State University of New York at Potsdam
- B.A., State University of New York at Oswego
Areas of Expertise
- Ethics, Medical Ethics, Media Ethics
- "Can Privacy and Social Networking Co-Exist?" Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 27:2 (2012) 157-159.
- "Understanding and Respecting Privacy," 215-230, in Journalism Ethics; A Philosophical Approach, edited by Christopher Meyers, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- "Ethical Principles for End-of-Life Decision Making," 220-237, in Final Acts: Death, Dying, and the Choices We Make, edited by Nan Bauer-Maglin and Donna Perry, Rutgers University Press, 2010.
- Evidence-Based Medical Ethics : Cases for Practice-Based Learning, co-authored with John E. Snyder, MD. Humana Press, 2008
- “The Virtue of Moral Responsibility and the Obligations of Patients,” Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 30 (2005): 153-166.
- "News Media Coverage of National Tragedies: Public Grieving as Public Discourse," International Journal of Applied Philosophy, 17:1 (2003) 33-45.
- "The Virtue of Moral Responsibility in Healthcare Decisionmaking," Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 11:3 (2002) 273-281.
- "Privacy Invasion by the News Media: Three Ethical Models," Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 17:1 (2002) 20-34.
- "Active Voluntary Euthanasia, Terminal Sedation, and Assisted Suicide," The Journal of Clinical Ethics, 12:1 (2001) 52-59.
- "Respect for Autonomy and Moral Responsibility: Meeting the Communitarian Challenge," Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal, 10:4 (2000) 337-352.
- "The Right to Know, Press Freedom, and Public Discourse," Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 14: 4 (1999) 197-212
- PAR 115: Introduction to Ethics
- PAR 215: Bioethics
- PAR 315: Media Ethics
- PAR 495: Research Ethics
- PAR 515: Ethical Issues in Research