Patricia A. Turrisi, Associate Professor
Office: Bear Hall 276
Phone: (910) 962-7392
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- M.A., Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., Queens College City University of New York
Areas of Expertise
- Philosophy of Science
- American Philosophy
- "Peirce's Vera Causa of Guessing" Cognitio 6.2 (2005): 255-264.
- "The Abduction in Deduction and the Deduction in Abduction," Semiotica 153. 4 (2005).
- Swimming in the Electronic Current: Elements of an Online Course, The University of North Carolina at Wilmington Publishing Laboratory. 2003
- "The role of Peirce's Pragmatism in Education"/"O papel do pragmatismo de Peirce na educaçao" Cognitio (2002): 122-136.
- C. S. Peirce's Pragmatism as a Principle and Method of Right Thinking, 1903 Lectures on Pragmatism, Albany: State University of New York Press, 1998.
- PAR 101: Invitation to Philosophical Thinking
- PAR 110: Introduction to Logic
- PAR 115: Introduction to Ethics
- PAR 205: American Philosophy
- PAR 211: Philosophy of Human Nature
- PAR 292: Philosophical Writing
- PAR 345: Philosophy of Science
- PAR 360: Philosophy of Evolution
- PAR 400: Issues in Personal Identity